I get a lot of people telling me they want to create an online program.
It makes sense. I’m an expert in course creation and I talk all the time about how important it is to leverage your time especially when you have tiny time!
And online programs are a fantastic way to do this.
What I find though is that whilst they love the idea of leveraging their time with an online program and it could be a great source of revenue for them – often, they are missing some key ingredients.
The problem is they don’t realise they’re missing them and they rush headlong into the ‘premature creation‘ stage instead of focusing on the essentials of their business (you can read more about the 3 stages here)
Here are the 4 Questions…
Creating online programs and courses is a core part of what I do with my clients and if you’re wondering if it’s the right next step for you, here are 4 simple questions you need to answer BEFORE you get started:
- Are you clear on the transformation you offer people?
- Have you done this work with people already?
- Do you have an audience/ a following / a list that you can offer this course to? This could be a list of existing clients and/or prospects
- Are you actively building an audience?
If you answer yes to 1-3 – you’re ready.
You can start creating now….
If you’re wondering about 4, this does need to be part of your on-going strategy but as long as you have an audience right now – you can get started.
If you can’t say yes to 1-3, more time is needed doing the work with your clients – this is for 2 reasons:
- To make sure you create the right course (not the course you think they want – you may not realise this but this is an important distinction!) and
- That you have an audience to offer it to.
So, what’s your next step?
You’re ready to get started on creating your online program?
Or do you need to nail your transformation first with clients and build that list? (hint, this doesn’t have to take a long time!)
I can help you with both of these (this is how a tiny time business grows – book your discovery call and let me show you how)
Hope this has been useful – let me know in the comments below!
Love and hugs,